View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you SKS. I was in a mood last night. I know what you say is true, but it certainly is not the norm. Seems like if we mention to a poster like JLCo that bids can be earned without recs at SEC schools, they automatically assume that their snowflake is special enough to get by without them. Because if YOU were special enough to get a bid without a rec when you went through rush, then their "DD" certainly is too. Know what I mean? IrishLake

Spot on IrishLake! I always worry when someone posts that "I had a great recruitment and only had one rec." because as IrishLake said, some folks seize on that and don't bother to get recs. at all and are then devastated when they don't get the bid they had wanted. That can happen, and I don't doubt that In SKS case, that is exactly what happened, but i would venture to say that at some schools no rec.= top choice is the exception and not the rule.

One girl who pledged ZTA at a school where that chapter is a perennial favorite with PNMs claimed that she got her #1 choice without a rec. Knowing our national policy, and knowing that chapter, I knew she was mistaken, and that someone had probably sent in a rec., unbeknownst to her.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-26-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: somehow quoted myself instead of IrishLake!