View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

In my experience, most fraternities don't even look at grades. I really think only colonies or fraternities that are just a couple years away from being colonies tend to consider them seriously. We never mentioned them once during rush.

My guess, like the majority of fraternity rushees, is that when you are rushing fraternities, you are the one choosing which chapters to focus on. Sometimes there can be a discrepancy between where you want to fit in, and where you actually do fit in. Be honest with yourself...were these guys who you actually are, or who you want to be?

One last thing about being invited to smoke weed. I think many fraternities will have at least pockets of stoners. Often times, this group can become almost a subculture within the fraternity, and their top picks may be widely different than the top picks of the fraternity as a whole. Sometimes they may be perceived (rightly or prejudicially) as the "slackers" of the group, and their favorites may be strategically ousted by other groups of guys during rush.

And to everybody saying fraternity rush should be dry...come on...at the overwhelming majority of schools in this country, rush has never been dry and never will be. Not agreeing with it, but let's not be the ostrich with our head in the sand.