View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

If I had a dollar for every time a guy in our fraternity told a kid that "you should rush our house, we think you'll get in" only to see that kid get cut (and often early)...

I'm not saying it's impossible. But two guys vouching for you is a nice start, but will mean literally nothing unless the majority of the house grows to like you during rush. I would feel a lot more "sure" about the jump if you know (and I mean "could call them up and grab a beer just the two of you" know, not "oh yeah met that guy at a party once know") several members, like 7-8.

It's a huge risk. And while I'm not SEC so I can't say for certain what it's like at yours chool, all I'll say is that if a guy depledged another house and rushed again, he was virtually always connected with the "tier" of that house. This is also much truer if you were already dropped by this house in the first place, ie "We dropped him once, he joined Average Alpha, why do we want him?" That is going to sound harsh to hear, but that's also a conversation we had so many times.

That being said, it's not impossible. But 2 guys saying you should rush once is not a sure thing, or even a likely thing. So weigh your options really carefully.

Also, your name will be absolute dirt with the first chapter should you drop and rush again, so watch where there are "connections", so to speak, with other houses.

I also side with those who are guessing this has absolutely zero to do with networking and is all about tiers. Which is whatever, nobody here is going to change your mind about tiers online, but this also seems a little "grass is greener" to me.