View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmullins View Post
Hello! I am very interested in starting my own fraternity from scratch at my university. The greek system has always interested me and I have always found it to be something I would love to find myself a part of. However, I would like to create my own fraternity from scratch. I mean I wouldn’t want to find a national fraternity. Instead, I would like to create my own fraternity name, meaning, and create my own set of rules.

To begin, I would want to create an LGBT fraternity. I know there are a few out there that already do this, but I would like to create my own addition. LGBT people deserve to be a part of the greek system and feel comfortable doing so. I know it is a lot of work. I am a dedicated person and I know that I could make it happen. It’s just one of those things I will not let go. I can be a very good leader. I’m very organized, dedicated, and motivated.

What would the process be to create this brand new fraternity?
@ all the red. Are you planning on being the only member of your new fraternity? If so, just pick some random letters that aren't already used by another group, make your own letters, and enjoy your party of one.

@ the blue. Are you aware that gay, lesbian, and bisexual people are already members of all established organizations?

Start an interest group at your campus. See how many people would actually be interested in joining a group that is solely for LGBT people. They would become your future brothers and sisters, so lean on them for finding an existing group. Stop thinking "I/me" and start thinking about potential members. A fraternity is NOT just about it's sole founder.

Last edited by IrishLake; 11-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.