View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
She's not giving us that line because I think she DOES feel a connection of some kind and isn't willing to just turn her back on this opportunity. This may have been the only bid that she received, but I don't think she'd consider taking it and having her roommates think she's lame if she felt absolutely nothing for this chapter. If she was in fact like those other PNMs that "didn't feel a connection" and she was honest, she would be saying, "I got a bid from the fat sorority.. I refuse to accept it! Give me advice on how to get the top sorority next semester.. Please!!!"

I agree that she deserves some credit, because I do think she sounds mature enough to recognize that even though this is the "fat sorority," she shouldn't just dismiss them altogether... especially if she really wants to be Greek.
Maybe. I think the fact that she's a junior and recognizes this is her only chance to be Greek is A reason, if not the only reason, she is on the fence and hasn't dismissed the chapter altogether.

Then again, in California, "fat" is probably 135 pounds or more.