View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Firefighter here - early 40s, good health. I just got the 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine today. The shot itself did not hurt at all. Thankfully, I did not have an immediate allergic reaction. No headache or brain fog. Just a tiny bit of tiredness that could be attributed to a poor night’s sleep. About 4-5 hours later, my shoulder is starting to get more sore. Not horrible sore; but, enough to be annoying when trying to move my arm around. My coworkers tell me that it will be worse tomorrow. I can come back tomorrow and report on day 2. LOL

AnchorAlum, I do not believe the arm soreness for the COVID vaccine has anything to do with aggressive handling by the medical staff. I happened to have our Chief Physician doing my shot today and he was quite gentle; but my arm is still sore. I am hearing the vast majority of people saying they had sore arms and so it seems unlikely that “everyone” had unskilled staff. Good news! You will not likely have a poor experience like you did as a child. Bad news...your arm will still probably be sore.

True and Constant