View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
To riff on this idea, several NPHC organizations have affiliates for adults without degrees. The Zetas have their Amicae and the Sigma Gamma Rhos have their Philos.

Nothing binds these ladies to pledging those organizations if they ever enroll in and complete college.

So I could see an "Ivy Leaf Lady" at Elle M. Nop Community College graduating, transferring to Big State U., and knowing how to navigate Greek life because she was an Ivy Leaf Lady, but isn't required to join Alpha Phi. (Although maybe it should get her slightly more weight when considered.)

I could also see something like a Panhellenic Ladies League being successful, with PLL alumnae groups existing for those women who didn't go on to college, or to pledge in college....

But at the end of the day, I feel like coming to community colleges would be more of a financial decision for the individual members of NPC, and it wouldn't help them if NPC itself took on that responsibility.
Yes! You've articulated it much better than I did. Thank you.