View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Star Turtle
wow - sorry about the major delay on this reply.

my school doesn't really 'practice' lavaliering, so i did it my own way.

we went out to dinner with his family, then came back home for some much needed sleep. he walked in the door, got a little more comfortable (no one said army uniforms were super comfortable) then i took my gold lavalier (i have 3 - a gold DZ letters, a silver DZ letters, and a gold disc my big sis engraved for me) and simply told him a little story:

something like this:
you know how hard I tried to be a delta zeta, and how much my sorority means to me. our outward sign of this importance is our letters, and i want you to understand how important you are to me. i want you to wear my lavalier and know that you will always be important to me.
:::he says:::
wow - this is crazy - does everyone do this?
:::back to me:::
well, kinda - it's mostly greek guys giving their letters to the girl in his life, very important, kinda like the promise ring you gave me, but a little bigger
:::wow. i'm completely amazed:::

that's what i did - it's not like i could have my chapter serenade him (we don't do that here) or like my girls would have even bothered (he's not greek - dear goodness) but that's what i did.

he now wears my letters on his dog-tags, so everyday he has a personal reminder of me.

he also took a little tiny turtle with him, that has become his unit's "mascot" - they walk around saying "turtle, turtle" (from the dana carvey movie)

okay - sorry for the super long post...and the delayed reply