View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCat25 View Post
Sorority recruitment has the almost unique ability to drive girls crazy. You don’t see girls reduced to tears after being rejected by Harvard or being cut at tryouts for the basketball team. I think it’s because you can see some rational reason for these rejections. Your SATs weren’t high enough or you had a lousy jump shot. With rush you just can’t see any reason for it. Why didn’t ABC like me? What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I be part of the “in group”? You will never know and can never figure it out.
I agree with most of what has been said in this thread, but I do not believe that this is true. I have seen MANY girls reduced to tears after not being accepted to their college of choice or being cut from a team. That being said, rejection hurts, especially when you have not learned how to cope with it yet (which is often true of girls in their teens). The reason is often not apparent for any of these situations, but you have to learn to make the most of the opportunities you do have instead of dwell on the ones you do not.