View Single Post
Old 12-14-2001, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, Ok, how's about I inject a bit of testosterone into this sea of sorority rush stories (other than that experience by our friend in San Francisco, that is)!

My chapter had a guy that was all about becoming a Pike, and was always coming around the house and trying to hang out with the Brothers at the bars.
The chapter did not want to rush or bid this guy because he had a questionable reputation as someone who mistreated women (was a bit too agressive sexually), and could become a bit of a violent drunk when drinking.

Apparently, his father or someone knew someone that either worked at our international headquarters or knew someone who knew someone (you get the picture). But somehow, he comes up with a BID signed by this person at Headquarters!!!! For about a week he went around campus saying, "Hi, I'm Mike the Pike!"...I couldn't believe it! He even tried to show up for a Chapter meeting (not a pledge meeting, mind you, a regular Inititate-only Chapter meeting!)

Finally, we cornered this guy and abruptly told him that HE WAS NOT IN THE FRATERNITY! The bid he "received" was not valid, and did not make him a part of the chapter. Boy it was a nightmare!

I think he eventually went through formal rush and ended up pledging another chapter.