View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embeedancer View Post
I am posting here because I came across a few threads about alumnae initiation and the possibility of going Greek as a grad student. I want to know how these processes work and if there is anything I can or should do now to see if I can join the right organization for me after I graduate. Again, while I am sad to miss out on the undergrad experience, I have also always been interested in the post-grad Greek experience and if there is a chance to join then I would be remiss if I did not try.
Can you explain what you mean by this? Can you explain what you mean by the "post-grad Greek experience"?

ETA: It seems that you had your chance by giving up the bid you received last year. Perhaps that was part of the reason you were dropped this year? How did you handle that? Were you public in your disappointment? Did you speak out against the Greek population or the recruitment experience, vow to create your own sorority, etc.?

Lastly, AI experience is NOTHING like collegiate experience.

If you are just finishing your sophomore year, surely you've have the chance to look at other ways to fill your time, meet people, establish bonds, and have shared experiences; and you have at least two more years to do the same.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 05-02-2014 at 06:29 PM.