View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Just to clarify, it isn't so much what tier sorority she is in. I think she did well, given that she is an out of state student. Also of note, is the sorority she is joining seems to be moving up in her school's ranking & has a fabulous house (probably part of the reason they are moving up) . I think the issue is a loss of face; falsely being told that someone would be in a certain sorority. They lied to my daughter and she believed them and indirectly lied to him thru her. Again, the issue here is not that she was accepted to the other sorority (which she does like), it is being duped and lied to. It would not have been an issue if they had never lied to her and created false expectations.

And yes, I agree that it is likely no big loss on the boyfriend. But I would ideally want her to start her Greek life without the negative experience and the idea that the negative experience also had a negative effect on her relationship with her boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Well, no big loss about the boyfriend. He's certainly a loser if he fought with her because she didn't make "top tier".

And no, all that you wrote about isn't what Greek life is about or we wouldn't be here on Greekchat.