View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha. Okay.

So, when I went through fall recruitment, I actually held three part time jobs and fifteen hours worth of classes (including three labs).

One of my jobs fell on bid-day and there way no way that I could get off of work. So, I was allowed to call in my bid during certain hours. (10-11, I think)

I had to be at work at 7:30 am, so I had been up since 5:30 counting down the hours until I would find out if I really belonged in either sorority.

Finally 10:00 came around and I went into the back office. I was shaking badly. I called the Universities panhellinic president and learned that the ladies of ΣΣΣ had extended me a bid along with eleven other members. Her next question was if I accepted the bid or not. DUH! Yes, I accepted the bid. Sigma was my first choice.

When it came down to it, I just felt more at home with Sigma. I felt like I really belonged there.

Our first meeting was the next day (Sunday) and I was overjoyed to be a part of something so wonderful! I would have never thought that I would have found myself in a sorority, but regardless, here I am. A proud member of Sigma Sigma Sigma.

I now hold four chairs: Awards, Social Co-chair, Violet Vibe/Communications, and Efficiency.

I will be going into my third semester in Sigma in the fall and I can't wait for it to start! Let the countdown begin.

I am super excited to see formal recruitment from the opposite side.

If you have figured out my University and the other sorority there, I hope I did not cast a negative shadow upon them. They are both great groups of girls. I am friends with numerous people in the other group.

Anyways - I hope y'all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed typing it up. =)
The above does not reflect the personal opinions of ΣΣΣMagan. It in no way reflects the opinions of the Eta Rho chaper at Armstrong Atlantic State Univeristy of Sigma Sigma Sigma or National Panhellenic Conference.