Thread: children??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2000, 06:41 PM
Dst Greek

Well left out, I will tell you, My child was nine and I pledged. In my interview, they never asked if I had childen. I was 31 years old, but looked about 22 as I still do today.
When we were accepted for membership, everyone basically told there background(family,home,age, kids, etc). After they found out they were all anxious to meet my child. They now refer to my daughter as their neice and she calls all my line sisters her Aunts. My daughter and husband understood and supported me in the fact that I would not be home all day for a period of time and that there would be many late nights, but when I got my letters they were just as happy for me. When you have babies, it is very hard and you should devote your time to them. Older kids are workable depending on the school. However, most organizations shun single, unmarried mothers because it goes against most of the virtues they look for and uphold in their members. Of course, get a baby sitter for the greek parties, but hey community events are fun for all ages and instill values in youn people. Come to think of it, it was my nine year old who encouraged me to go to our first line greek outing because she said "I should not let my sisters down" and it might be fun.