View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

HAHAHA....since this is 'dead week' for us working stiffs, I'll add on.

My husband was a navy brat, and during his days living in Lemoore, a woman there who was a civilian flight instructor became a good friend of the family. In fact, to this day she's still his "other Mom".

So when my husband and I were first together, I met her a couple of times over the couse of a year and a half or so. I remember one time we drove up to her house from the Bay Area and spent an aftenoon there for whatever reason. It was winter (such as winter is here in California anyway) and we were on her back deck when I noticed she had this huge planter of ivy that looked absolutely pathetic from being outside in the (relatively) cold weather. So I said something to her about knowing how to bring it back to life since we had ivy plants everywhere in the house when I was in college....yaddayaddayadda.

We instantly figured out that we were both Alpha Phis and she dragged me by the wrist into her house to show me the Alpha Phi magnet on her fridge (which is absolutely platered with pics on all sides so I never would have found it).

Now I live down the street from her, and every time she sees me she says "Hi Sis!" which just cracks us both up since my husband is her "son".