View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
When I was in my chapter, we had to wear dresses that were all black. We didn't just pick one dress, everyone had to come up with their own (basically buy one or borrow one). I'm fairly certain the girls from my chapter still do that. All dresses had to be checked by the Rush Chair and approved--which I know made some girls a little upset. But honestly, the last thing you need is a girl with a dress that's way too revealing or one that somehow stands out too much--it takes away from chapter unity.
"Little black dresses" are easy to find--especially this time of year. Plus, they're versitile; once you buy one you can wear it 1,000 times. I, in fact, still have mine and still wear it; and have about 40 different ways of wearing it; it still is the dress I've gotten the most use out of.
I know over the years they've told rushees they can wear black as long as it's not a black dress...but again, it's been a while for me, so I don't know if that's still the case. I say go with black. It's easy to find. It makes everyone look good. And it's something that people can borrow or buy and get good use out of. Then again...you girls might get the 'you bit off of us' from my chapter too (I know Wine&SilverBlue goes to my alma mater).
Pick what you think is best--but from my experience, being as uniformed as possible looks the best.

Good luck!