View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Just had to share an experience I had this week and ask you for your input.

A local girl called to ask for a rec to Ole Miss (we are out of state). I said I would be glad to and expressed concern at the late date, encouraging her to be timely in getting the rest of her recs and to impress upon her rec writers to get them mailed in quickly. Her response was to explain to me (thank you, dear, bless your heart!) that rush was not until mid September. I tried to explain that the sorority girls will be arriving at school early for work week, learning the PNMs info, etc and that is why recs really need to be there sooner rather than later. We had a nice conversation. I tried not to be too pushy about it but still feel I am right.

Then I ran into her mother who told me they had called Greek Life regarding these recs and the Greek Life office told her she was fine, it was not too late, etc. (what?)

Question - Do the Ole Miss girls have a work week? I have always assumed so, but maybe I am wrong? And, despite what I have read, and feel I know, about Ole Miss rush, the response by the GL office kind of freaked me out and made me feel I had mislead and freaked out the PNM.