View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't speak for Ashley, but I really appreciate the help. I like the idea of Alpha Gam Auction. That would be a great idea.

One of the issues that we are facing is that we are a really young group. The alumnae chapter is made up of women from all the chapters in the area, but with UK so close by those Epsilon women are busy supporting them. So the main active alumns are Theta Upsilon ladies who are just graduating. So we are all at a point where we a. don't have a lot of money to do stuff with and b. we are all too young (that 5 year rule) to be advisors, which leads to c. that unless you are an "advisor" you aren't called upon to help with the chapter.

We just need to make ourselves known more within the chapter, and we are working towards that goal. Maybe what we need to do is sit down (if we can get more than 2 or 3 of us there) and come up with a plan for the next 2 to 5 years. This is our first recruitment with an active alumnae chapter, made up of more than just the president. It is just frustrating to want to help and give but to not feel wanted or needed. Oh well....

Sandy thanks for the help. I am going to remember the auction thing, that seems like something poor graduates could put together.
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34