View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
Hey I'm probably going to GWU next year on exchange from the UK and I'll just be turning 21. I really want to be in a sorority so that I don't have to live in residence halls with 18 yr olds or postgrads who are working all the time. Also from what I've heard sororitys are loads of fun! Does anybody know how I go about doing it, given that I'm an exchange student?
Not to sound like I'm being argumentative or trying to discourage you, but if living with 18 year olds isn't something you want to do, keep in mind that, if you went through recruitment successfully and pledged, it's likely that many of your sisters in the new member class would be 18 year old freshmen.

As SWTXBelle said, get in touch with GWU Panhellenic, and also take time to check out the various chapters' websites (they all have pages linked from the Panhellenic site).

Also, consider what you will be doing as part of your year abroad. Are you just going to take classes? Will you pursue any internship opportunities? Internships can be quite a time commitment, and you may find that your priorities change between now and September '09.

No matter what you decide to do, good luck in DC! It's a fantastic city and a GREAT place to spend at least part of your college years!