View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
WTF is dynamic recruitment? That sounds like some sort of horrible corporatespeak.
Truthfully, I have yet to figure it all out. Last fall for informal recruitment, it meant my chapter and one other, who only had 2-4 openings, recruited by meeting PNMs for lunch, coffee, etc. (hanging out with sisters) and then extending bids to fill the spots. The other two chapters, who had graduated large senior classes and had more spots, held open houses. There was still a bid day.

I didn't like this method because, even though it was only open to sophomores and above, I felt like it put my chapter at a disadvantage because, even if freshmen couldn't attend open houses, they'd at least be seeing the fliers/posters/Facebook invites and it would put a chapter's name in their heads. With my chapter not doing open houses, their name wasn't getting out there as much. Now, they had the rest of the semester to get to know freshman PNMs but still... first impressions.

Also, my chapter lost out on some great PNMs because they wanted the "experience" of going to open houses.

To me, it was too much of a free-for-all. I've been told by my chapter members who are Panhel exec members that it will be more coordinated this year. We'll see.