View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
OK, for a Sorority which is a member of the NPC, is Sigma Alpha Iota the only national women-only collegiate Title IX exempt group that their members can belong to simultaneously? I know we've got NPC/SAI dual members here on Greekchat. Theoretically would a NPC/NPHC dual sorority membership be allowed?
I know that members of both NPC and NPHC sororities have said in the past that dual memberships are prohibited. Where that might be written down, if it is, I couldn't tell you.

Quote:
Similarly for a Fraternity which is a member of the NIC, is Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia the *only* national men-only collegiate Title IX exempt group that their members can belong to simultaneously? Not sure if we have any NIC/PMA here on Greekchat. Theoretically would a NIC/NPHC dual fraternity membership be allowed? (and I'm excluding those groups that belong to both NIC & NPHC like Alpha Phi Alpha) (so if you have to pick an example: Alpha Tau Omega/Omega Psi Phi).
I can't say if we're the only group like you describe, but off the top of my head I can't think of another. That said, even though there is no national prohibition, dual memberships can still be prohibitied on some campuses where a Sinfonia chapter is an IFC member.

And I would note that Omega Psi Phi is the only NPHC fraternity that is not also in the NIC, so I think it's the only org for which your theoretical NIC/NPHC question could apply.