View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
ADPi considers requiring anything of the new members outside of the approved new member education plans/all-chapter requirements to be hazing. So unless the entire chapter is invited to participate or it is an all-Greek Panhellenic sponsored event like New Member 101, it could be seen as hazing according to our view.
That's SAIs policy all the way. We've had some trouble with it. You know, there used to be requirements of pledges that were not hazing, but helping the MIT to get integrated into the chapter. Like interviewing sisters-nope, no more. Technically, we don't even have a big/lil program. Each pledge is assigned a sister to help her during pledging, but technically it's not a big, oh and technically, I don't have a G-big or a GG-big either.

I think it's getting a little extreme. Like, I don't even feel like I know hardly any of the girls that came in during the spring. But, I can understand why those rules are in place--no matter how un-fun it makes their MIT period.

Phi Sigma Pi is a whole different animal in itself. We have hazing policies, but there are also things for us to finish during pledging that is outlined in our national constitution as part of the process. Our biggest thing is that, as a brother we are not allowed to drink, smell, hold alcohol in our hands--anything--if an initiate is around. Even if they are drinking, we can't.