View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
At the campus I used to advise at, the PNMs would register online using the ICS Recruiter system. Panhellenic uses that automated system to generate PNM groups, party schedules, etc. The individual chapters use the system to input their invite lists and such. The PNM lists that are sent to the chapters by Panhellenic include "flags" for women who are legacies for that organization. In other words, if a PNM marked that she is a Gamma Phi Beta legacy on her registration form, that "flag" will show up next to her name in the list that is sent to us. We did not receive flags for legacy status at other sororities. I can't remember if it was possible for us to manually key in a legacy flag from the chapter's end or not. I believe it is; but, I am not 100% sure.
On the campus end, we could see all flags that the legacies had put in, including not only for chapters not on campus but for fraternities as well. You'd see a woman flagged as "Alpha Delta Pi legacy, Delta Zeta legacy, Sigma Phi Epsilon legacy". That always gave me a good chuckle-I was glad PNMs put their family relations down as members of other GLOs, but it was a little more than they needed.

Last edited by clemsongirl; 01-30-2018 at 02:14 PM.