View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Regardless of the spam, message boards are not what they used to be. The other MB I was active on (completely different subject) is technically still active, but there have been no more than a handful of posts in the last couple years - all the members have moved their conversations to Facebook. TV Without Pity was one of the most active boards on the entire Internet, and it just disappeared.

This all being said, bumping threads and adding no new content just to push down spam makes the majority of people more irate than understanding, & I wish people would stop doing it. If you want to bump threads, go into some of the entertainment or chit chat forums and something that you can actually contribute to. If you don't have any new content, and you're just here to be a voyeur, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.
Yes, message boards are a relic of the early internet. This is the real reason why GC is slowly dying and PNMs are not coming here as much anymore.

Also +1 million to the bumping threads for the sake of bumping to try to push down spam is rage inducing.