Thread: My AI adventure
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I think there's room for both kinds of alumnae. And I think there are places where an alumnae chapter might like to take on NPHC-style recruitment, in places where alumnae involvement is really high and there would be interest from the community at large, or in a smaller community where a collegiate chapter has just colonized (a new chapter in Montana, for instance). But there would have to already be a solid alumnae chapter in place for this to work. God knows I wouldn't want headquarters cramming alumnae recruitment down our throats, but I could see some scenarios where it could be very successful. I don't like the idea that a woman missed out on an opportunity at 18 and she's just outta luck for the rest of her life. But I also don't think we should be out there desperately trying to double our alumnae population either. I'm all about compromise these days, and I think there's plenty of room for it here.
I love this statement and wish there was a like button for it. Another thing to note is that some GLOs will initiate a woman who is not college-educated. For whatever reason, a sorority may meet a woman who never attended college. We should consider all types of women (college-educated or not).