View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 05:07 PM

I've honestly NEVER heard of a chapter that doesn't buy big/lil items out of pocket.

I have a Kappa Phi little from Spring 2003. Our littles get gifts almost every week throughout their about 6-8 week pledge period. They usually aren't anything elaborate. We try not to go too crazy b/c you don't want some littles getting spoiled, and some getting shafted. When I was a big, there was a $20 max imposed.

They get candy, little stationery sets, inspirational books or cards, etc. Since we don't have items in the stores like the sororities do, we sometimes get creative and make things like quilts and notebooks. After her activation ceremony, the big gives her little a paddle and maybe one more gift (a set of letters, stuffed animal).

In Tri Sigma, bigs and littles are a big deal. We spoil them, but we don't go too crazy because alot of us have other financial commitments like tuition and dues. It depends , one of my sisters spent $75 while another spent close to $200.

We have Big/Lil Week, and the littles get gifts and clues every day. Usually, littles get some handmade things like picture frames, door hangers, and candles. They also get Sigma items from the local stores (mugs, stationery, and things you'd see on Greek 101). We also like to give hand me down shirts b/c those are really cool. Your final gift from your big is your matching big/lil hoodie or shirt (w/ big and lil sis embroidered underneath the letters). You also get your boat shaped paddle a few weeks after revealing.

I don't have one yet, but here's hoping

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-16-2004 at 05:34 PM.