View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gamma_girl52
I was wondering why the process has so many steps? I couldn't imagine Gamma Sig having that many steps towards getting a chapter, but I was interested.

If the answer involves giving me TMI then I understand.
Hey!

When I was the sponsor for the HU group, it didn't really seem like "so many" steps. Like yeah, there were a lot of steps I guess, but if you have a large, motivated group, you can perform a lot of the requirements simultaneously.

For example, (and I am making stuff up as I go because I don't remember the precise requirements).....lets assume that you don't need university recognition to be a Prospect Group, but that's a step you need to handle before you become and Interest Group. BUT, you know you have to have 3 service projects to move from Prospect to Interest, and five more to move from Interest to Petitioning. If the group is motivated, they can save time by doing a bunch of service projects while they wait for university recognition.

From what I recall, you could "bank" service projects and fellowship events and they counted toward whatever your next phase was.

I guess it could be done in less "named" steps, but it is probably helpful to break it down in smaller chunks.