View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation
So if you're so bothered by us, well...adios. Don't hang out and try to "innocently" get information (Sally Ride) and then attempt to zap us by what you've read and think you know. We couldn't care less about your opinions.
Dear Carnation: Gee, I hope I can stay! I promise not to say mean things about anybody except non-Greeks, who don't know better anyway. PEOPLE don't bother me. Certain attitudes and behaviors bother me. A few years ago I made a comment about Sally Ride not being in a sorority, and I was told in the firmest of terms that I was completely wrong. I've been trying to find out ever since what she was in. Maybe an honorary? Maybe one devoted to science (like Sigma Xi)? Maybe a service organization? Don't know. What I do know is that I've never found an answer. You can google "Sally Ride" and "sorority" and come up with a list of outstanding Americans - she among them - who are in GLOs.

I've been privately chewed out about "The Urban Legend of Carla Sander." It's not an urban legend, folks. Sorry.

I suppose now I should say that two of the people (yes, they're friends) that I admire most in my life are a KKG and a Chi O. Both are world-renowned scientists and pioneers in their respective fields.

"Accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative" - songwriter Johnny Mercer

-Prunetacos