View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref Round

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to y'all! I've been really busy with work.

The night before prefs was a rough one. I think it was half exhaustion from the week and half sadness from the continuous dropping of houses I loved. I got dropped from my legacy house and after managing to keep it together all though round 3 I got back to my room and cried. I couldn't understand why every time I fell in love with a house I would get dropped! It was such a confidence blow.

I spent the night scared that I would get back my bottom too. After awhile of anxiously laying in bed I woke up at 6 to get all ready for pref. Waiting to get my list was so nerve racking! Once I got it I was way too afraid to look at it, but I did. It read Martin Garrix and Dillon Francis. It was a relief! Getting once again dropped from my top house stung a little bit since it had been happening all week, but I was excited. The house I was nervous about picking over Martin Garrix wasn’t there and I ended up getting Martin Garrix after all.

Marting Garrix: This was my first house of the day and I was really excited to go back after such a good round last time. Pref was so nice. I heard it was much different from other rounds, and they were right! All the girls were singing this beautiful slow song and I got picked up at the door by the girl that rushed me 3rd round. I was so excited to have her because she was one of the people that made me fall in love with Marting Garrix in the first place. It was such a powerful party, I even teared up! Talking to the genuine, kind girls there made me feel so welcomed.

Dillon Francis: I went into Dillon Francis SO excited. It had been a favorite of mine all week. I loved the song they sang and how intimate and special it felt. I was also picked up by the girl that rushed me 3rd round and we had a great conversation. I felt so close to her already because she was so sweet. I teared up at this party too, I was getting all the feels! I saw myself here, I wanted to be apart of this house!

After both parties I had such a tough decision to make. I called my mom, talked to the pi chis, did everything I could to think it through. I decided to rank Dillon Francis over Martin Garrix, purely because of how I had felt good at every party there instead of just 2. The whole night I was agonizing over it, because once I submitted it I was so worried I made a mistake.