View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I think maybe you are splitting hairs, or confusing claims. Changing the organization's name doesn't mean changing the organization, nor (necessarily) does changing the scope of the organization. As far as I'm concerned, every organization gets to say when it considers itself to have been founded.

If people then want to get into an argument about who was first, well, then they can establish exactly what they mean by first (first to exist in some form, first to use Greek letters, first to be founded with the idea of being a national organization . . . ) and then go from there.

Thanks.
Honestly, the year doesn't matter to me for what I am trying to do. I just really want the DAY each organization celebrates Founder's Day - the month and the date. I included the year just as an FYI.

My intent wasn't to cause strife; I just wanted a way for people to see what celebrations were coming up in case they wanted to send good wishes. I see a lot of people wishing others "Happy Founder's Day" and thought it would be nice to have a list for those that like to do so. So please don't anyone get upset at each other about "who came first". I just wanted the dates on which people celebrated their founding.

I will keep updating the long post I wrote. When I am done, I will make a new thread (because this one's title does reflects NPC), and if someone wants to sticky that, that would be cool.

Thanks for all of your help!!