View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoliacurious View Post
According to the University Office of Institutional Research, the freshman retention rate - the main statistic the university had their eye on - increased from about 75% in 1996 - the last year recruitment was held before fall classes - to about 81% last year. Draw your own conclusions.
1996 was the year I went through recruitment and there were many girls who did leave school because they didn't get their first choice. I think pushing it back has helped retention at Ole Miss. Plus I believe (and this is just my opinion) that it aided in Ole Miss securing a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.

GatorDG: The Panhellenic would have to go through the Extension Process as it is listed in the NPC Manual. (I believe it is called extension). I have friends who are alumnae of ADPi and ZTA and they have not heard anything about rechartering their chapters here. I am not aware of any conditions that were made when ZTA and ADPi left either (like if they have to wait 15 years or when a house comes available). I said this in another thread but with the new residential colleges being built, land isn't readily available for a new house to be built yet. A chapter without a house would probably not be a good idea either.

(Sorry for any misspellings, I'm on a different laptop tonight so my hands arent typing as well tonight!)

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 09-09-2008 at 11:58 AM.