View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl801 View Post
I understand that I can participate in both (formal and or colonization,) but I do feel in my personal opinion that if I went through formal recruitment and dropped prior to bidding, that it seems almost rude to the system of rushing. That might sound rather odd... but I feel that it could make AOII think they were a second choice if I dropped after going through formal to try and "join" AOII. In reality that's the last thing I'd want them to feel!
This seems silly to me. You are limiting your options to one house that may or may not take you for silly reasons.

Let me ask you an honest question...Would you rather be Greek? Or is it AOII at all costs and if you can't be an AOII you would rather not be Greek at all?

Because that's what this boils down to. The system of rushing doesn't care if you rush and drop. And I doubt AOII will either...I'm not an AOII so I don't know their membership selection rules, but a certain number of girls going through colony recruitment have generally gone through recruitment before and may have dropped for various reasons or been dropped. It seems like a silly thing to think any colonizing sorority would hold that against you. If you fit what they are looking for they will want you.

Not to mention that you will have a chance to see all the chapters if you do formal. Or that if you go through formal and then you get dropped and go through colonization, you'll have practice with recruitment to some degree. I know the two aren't the same process but I still think that can be useful.