View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
As an alumna unaffiliated with a chapter, would you send a negative recommendation letter to a chapter who is about to meet a girl who will look very good on paper, but you know that she is actually selfish, intolerant, admits bullying, has not progressed beyond “these seats are saved”, and is just a bit racist.
The chapter doesn’t know you, so will they take it seriously?
She won’t add to them or be a good sister imo and I hate to see the chapter go that way. Thoughts?
Absolutely you should. Do you want to see that girl walking around wearing your letters?
Why would the chapter not take the word of a sister, even if they don't know her? You do wear the same letters, even if the chapter is different, right?
However....what I do is check the box that says "I do not recommend this candidate" or whatever corresponds, and if sending a paper form, put a Post-It note that says "CALL ME FIRST." Or if you're doing the online form, put that in a box where you can type stuff. Don't write down any particulars.
If they're paying the least bit of attention, they should call you for details. Be prepared to back up your statements.
The most valuable recommendations are the NO ones!