View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
I think there have been incidents in the past few months targeting Greeks at UT. Mostly vandalism and scary threats. A lot of college campuses are a hotbed of protests right now and at UT, Greek life has been targeted. I am not for sure if this incident was connected but the Greek community was on edge before this incident occurred. Summer break cannot come soon enough. I don't get it because Greeks are such a small percentage of that campus but I guess if you want to lash out at someone, anyone will do.
During their joint press conference, the various law enforcement agencies involved in the stabbing case stated there is no connection between the knife attacks and any of the previous vandalism and threats. They also made a point of stating the victims were not wearing Greek letters -- which was one of the many rumors flying around yesterday. It appears to be a random act of violence by someone experiencing a mental health crisis.

There was another unrelated stabbing off campus that day, as well as a death in a nearby apartment that police determined unsuspicious. All of these events combined with the previous vandalism and threats made everyone extra edgy.

Summer definitely can't come soon enough.