Thread: AI Question
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
You thought my response was snippy?! Whoa.... have you read your own posts? My response was completely informative and wasn't attacking you, attacking your chosen username, or insulting in any way. I thought it would be helpful to know that you likely won't get many answers here. That way you wouldn't feel ignored or insulted by the lack of response.

I wish you luck in your search as well as grad school.
I didn't mean that your response was snippy, I meant the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
To your first point, I said that I was irritated by your username, not pissed off. If I had been pissed off, I would have said something along the lines of "Kappa does not do AI, but thanks for appropriating one of our symbols in your username, you presumptuous twit." But I didn't say that.

I do know that Kappa does not reserve the rights to all things owl. We have to share with our Panhellenic sisters of Chi Omega and Mother Nature.

Perhaps a better way for you to broached your question would have been to have chosen a username free of owls, lions, pandas, anchors,angels, kites, arrows, penguins, giraffes, etc. (in other words, generic) and then said something like this:

Hi! I'm generic username. I was unable to pursue sorority membership while I was an undergraduate. Consequently, I am now interested in AI. During the course of my research, I have found information about AI for many sororities, but I have not been successful in finding out if this is an option for Kappa Kappa Gamma. Does Kappa allow AI? Thanks for your help!

Love,
Generic username

Kappa has had her fair share of weirdos and stalkers, so your post set off an alarm with me.

Good luck in your pursuit of AI!
Dear amIblue?,
I'm sorry if my post came across as anything other than what was intended, and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your response as something it was not. It sounded as though you were pissed to me, so my bad if that's not the case. I really didn't mean for my username to cause any offense or set off any alarms. Thank you for the information you've provided (which was very useful) and for your wishes of good luck.
Sorry for the miscommunication!
A.E.