Thread: Rushing UGA
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

My family knows a lot of guys who are in fraternities at UGA. The ones we know did attend summer rush events and received early bids -- but none of them lived too far from Athens, so getting to events was pretty easy. BUT at least some of them are now close friends with pledge brothers who did not go to summer events because they lived too far away. I know this for a fact, not just hear-say. They went through the formal rush process and found their houses that way.

Based on what some UGA fraternity men have told me, a very big part of the rush process does take place in the summer. Events are not publicized, though, and there isn't a big master calendar showing who is having this or that. You find out from people you know who is doing what. This, too, can pose a problem for guys who live far away and may not know a single fraternity member or even other guys planning to rush. A lot of out-of-state people go to UGA, though, and it just isn't always possible to come to summer events. As I said, though, I know for a fact that some guys receive bids after only doing the formal rush in the fall. Good luck to you!