View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
i dropped out of the rush process because i was cut from all sororities except 1, and i truly felt uncomfortable at that house. i did not accept a bid or go to pref night. i didn't mean to state that i already have "favorite houses," there is really just one house where i felt extremely uncomfortable and the rest i am happy to keep an open mind about. i have had a few of my upperclassmen friends say that i should rush again, but i know i need to take what they say with a grain of salt. there were a lot of factors that went into why i was cut from some places. i didn't take the time to get to know the sororities last year as i should have, or work extremely hard on my gpa. that is what i was hoping to do this semester.
thanks for your input!
Well, then I don't feel sorry for you. You had the opportunity to join one and you turned it down. Just think, that ONE chapter you turned down (most likely do to be ranked lower) is ranked very high at other universities. If only one sorority wanted you---what makes you think that you deserve a better sorority the next time around? If you didn't have a good GPA and didn't care enough to get to know the sororities (especially the ONE you thought you were too good for), then I don't feel sorry for you. Going Greek at ANY school is an honor.

I just wanted to add that ALL of the NPCs have "higher-ranked" and "lower-ranked" chapters but, my belief remains the same---EVERY NPC has something to offer.