View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 3: INVITATIONAL 1
Today we could be invited anywhere from 1-3 chapters. I was so nervous, I was really hoping I had three... at the time, it seemed to make us look like more "desirable" PNMs. We also weren't given cards/papers that told us where we were invited back; our Rho Chis kind of just led us around and we'd find out from there. (The groups weren't even divided by the number of invitationals you were invited to, either!)

Sperry's was the first house of the day I was invited to! They were all in these cute floral sundresses and had an "Alice in Wonderland" tea party event. I remember the first thing my rusher did was bring me to the cupcakes which had these gorgeous butterfly cookie-topped cupcakes, and I was so excited because I'm obsessed with butterflies. She and I chatted a while and another girl joined in as well. I got along really, really well with my rusher and we ended up having a serious conversation, sort of, about the true nature of people... it was fun, though. I left them feeling a lot better than I had before.

Jack Rogers also invited me back. They did a Victoria's Secret theme with lots of pink and they had VS shopping bags with the label covered by ribbon with their organization. This was a sit-down "speed dating" round which was super fun! Some of the questions were really funny, but it also helped me get to know the sisters better, since we went back and forth asking questions. I felt really comfortable with the girls there, and felt like these girls could be my sisters.

Lastly, I was invited to Steve Madden!!! Woohoo! They were one of my top two, and I was paired with my mentor's best friend, whom she had spoken highly of. It was so exciting! (Said friend knew who I was as well, so she gave me a huge hug.) I don't remember what their theme was... but I remember starting to feel like this might not be the house. Although I got along with those two girls, I wasn't really connecting with some of the others. But all the girls seemed so sweet, and I still wanted to give them another chance.

After this we had to rank our top two (no order) and then our last choice.
My rankings were now...
Steve Madden and Jack Rogers
Sperry's

I remember walking out of recruitment and talking to other PNMs... Sperry's seemed to be the most popular house. One girl I remember in particular didn't get invited back there, but did get invited back to Converse. She was very disappointed. A lot of the seemingly "prettier" girls really wanted Sperry's as well, including a girl I had gotten to know a bit over the summer and didn't really like. I was like, "Oh god, I really don't want to be in the same house as her." She came off as really immature and ditzy to me. Another girl I knew, who had a brother in a "top tier" fraternity, really wanted to go to Sperry's as well.

I knew I would have to wait until I saw the sorority houses to make a decision, but in the mean time, I was VERY grateful to be cut from Converse!!!

Last edited by lunalovegood; 07-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.