View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle14 View Post
People here seem to like to pretend reputations don't matter at all, but they do. I have many good friends in the "worst" sorority on my campus. While they are great, there are a lot of girls who will talk bad about every other sorority to try to make themselves feel better. They have a serious inferiority complex, which makes a lot of them rather difficult to be around.
This is very unfair. I know a lot of girls in the "top" chapters who say very negative (usually very public) things about the "bottom" chapters. There's going to be some level of cattiness no matter where you go I think, but to go ahead and say "oh, they're an ugly chapter? They must be miserable and talk smack to make themselves feel better," is INSANELY unfair. Stuff like that is just as likely to happen in the "best" chapter on campus as the "worst". (Note the quotes, since I think ranking chapters is the most ridiculous thing in the world.) I would HOPE that if the girls in the chapter the OP is thinking of joining are nasty people, it wouldn't even be a question as to whether to accept a bid.