View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUpnmmom View Post
Yes! DD was upset her two favorites did not ask her back. I told her to focus on the ones who did, keep an open mind. Be HAPPY Be POSITIVE!! They saw something in you and want to get to know you better. It only takes one.............
You are a wise mom. I hope she takes your advice.

Quote:
Some girls on her floor have decided to DROP because none of the ones they liked are listed.
This is unfortunate. I think every girl who is lucky enough to get a bid should take it and run. Sororities offer so many lifetime benefits to their members and most sorority experiences on the same campus are so much more similar than freshmen realize.

Quote:
I'm heart broken- to know come preference many girls could be dropped from Recruitment and end up bid less. My DD included!
This is not worth focusing on right now. It's only going to stress you out to think about this.

Quote:
I just don't get the exclusivity. Sorry, just had to say what was on my mind. I do hope in the coming years IU can make,going through this process not so brutal. Everyone deserves a home.
I went to the only school in the country where everyone gets a home at the end of recruitment if they follow the rules, and it's not all it's cracked up to be--it's a system where a houses are forced to take some girls they absolutely do not want.

I think all schools should use the standard system, but I don't see that changing at IU (based on what I have read and what some IU alumnae who are my sorority sisters told me) or at my alma mater.