View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
The point that you are missing is why did you use IFC funds to buy a shirt for YOUR cousin, who goes to a DIFFERENT school, and has NO CONNECTION to your campus. The $400 you were going to lose could have been donated to a philanthropy (or spread out among several), supplies for the IFC, etc., etc. People on here are questioning why you used campus funds (and, apparently, got permission to do so) to purchase a PERSONAL item for your cousin.

If you wanted your cousin to have a Rho Gamma shirt, fine. But, it should have been purchased with YOUR PERSONAL MONEY, not IFC funds.
Exactly. I can't believe he isn't getting this. I mean, it's obvious he was going to buy the stupid shirt for his cousin no matter what anyone said. If the other officers really thought this was fine...I'm sorry, but you all need to be kicked out of your offices. It's not the amount of money that matters, it's the concept of what is right and what is wrong. It's wrong to use organizational money on personal items, no matter how much or how little. This is the kind of thinking that got several national officers of a sorority into lots and lots and LOTS of trouble.