View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Cut by All but 2 houses after Round 1....

DD went through recruitment recently as a freshman, having dreamed of being in a sorority since about the age of 10, with the thought ever stronger, every year. It was something I was not familiar with, I never went Greek nor rushed when I went to college, I was already a busy Mama with her big brother
Anyway, DD seemed pretty sure of what goes on during recruitment, so my basic research prior to rush week, netted me a boatload of fashion tips, and Ta-Da...wardrobe assembled....during shopping DD would say, "we don't have to get all of that", when looking at necklaces, earrings etc...I only have to be me Mom, and you know I hate that stuff....O-KAYYY....my goal, I let her know was for her to have what she needed for each round, so she wouldn't stress about what to wear, and could relax and just be herself....(we did not buy any jewelry)
So to take a moment, my DD is/was a 3.65 gpa, National Honor Society student, she was a cheerleader, the homecoming queen, the "package" so to speak, but 98% of the girls in recruitment are the "package" too! She is sweet, sincere, funny, loyal, and extremely down to earth...jeez...what's not to love??? She also has a lot of anxiety about meeting new people, or talking to anyone she doesn't know....had spent a week on campus and only made 2 or 3 connections....she calls me frequently, we have always been close, but at this point I am worried she is leaning on me a little, but I am just going to keep an eye on it ...hmmmm and she wants to WHAT???? Go through recruitment???? Ik...my stress was over the moon

Last edited by Scots7; 09-28-2015 at 05:42 PM.