View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Years ago on Father's Day our small son died in a tragic accident. I cannot express to you the enormous shock and loss this was to both of our families. We were devastated.

I belonged to the Tri-Delta alumnae group in the area at the time. After the funeral members would call, drop by and check on me while my husband was at work. One day some of the DDDs came by with a sweet pansy vase and bouquet as a remembrance. Eventually, his room had to be cleaned out and the little clothes packed away. My husband and I were emotionally unable to do this. My dear Tri-Delta neighbor came over and helped me complete this task in a loving and supportive way. I know I could not have survived that terrible time without the emotional support of my sisters. Both our families were so filled with anguish themselves they could not be the help we needed at the time.
Many of these ladies hardly knew me except as a new alumnae member. I remember and am grateful still for the support they gave me during this extremely difficult period.