View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruber View Post
Hey man... Yeah, sorry my bad. Mind must have been some place else. Pledging and being initiated are two totally different things. I was going with completing the pledge period & becoming a brother (which are of course two different events).

I dont know how to answer the question, if other GLO's would be cool with you pledging another, droping out before you became a brother & joined another. I'd assume given your situation there's not much they could do. Plus you'd have a small leg up - you'd already know the greek alphabet, etc (things that are "generic" to any fraternity)...

I def' wouldnt do it too often, as brothers might begin to question if you are really committed to the idea of joining a fraternity or if you just plan on keep bouncing around.

But we have accepted a couple ex-pledges from another fraternity into our group this semester, so it is possible to do...

Hey, this happens all of the time in all Greek Organizations. Some New Associates find something that they were turned off by and drop out and join other GLOs.

Now, the question is why were they turned off and by what?

LX Z # 1
Alumni