View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 3!

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been taking so long for me to update, but here's Round 3!

After five LONG days of waiting and talking about nothing but rush, Friday finally arrived. We were to meet with our Rho Gamma groups in the afternoon, and then we would be visiting all the houses until late at night.

The attire for Round 3 was business casual so I carefully picked out my outfit and headed to the classroom we were meeting in. The maximum amount of houses we could return to for the day was 6. Morgan, my Rho Gamma, handed me my schedule and I nervously opened it. I saw that I would be returning (in order) to Cabo, Nassau, Cancun, San Juan, Punta Cana, and Las Vegas. I was cut by Miami and Montego Bay, but I was okay with it because I still had my four favorites left, along with Cabo and San Juan. By this point many girls were upset with the schedules they were getting back and I knew several girls who had already dropped out of rush.

The parties for Round 3 were 50 minutes long because we would be getting a tour of each house, and I was so excited to see how differently all of them were set up and decorated!

Cabo- I was still so surprised that I kept getting invited back here because I really did not think I would fit in. The house was nice and the girls were friendly enough and I knew plenty of people who wanted Cabo (including two girls on my floor) but I did not think it was for me. I would be fine if I had to come back for pref, but ultimately, I still did not think I would end up here.

Nassau- As always, I really enjoyed this house. The girls all seemed so perfect and put together, and the house was really cute. This had been one of my favorites the first two days and it definitely did not let me down for Round 3. I talked to four new girls I had never spoken to, and really liked all of them.

Cancun- Cancun was easily a favorite among all of the girls talking about rush throughout the week, and there was no way for it not to be. Each girl I met was so down to earth and funny, and I loved the way that the house was set up. I really hoped that I would be invited back to pref at Cancun.

San Juan- I was not super excited to return to San Juan again, but I was willing to give it another chance and see if I got along better with some of the girls. However, as it turned out, I talked to all of the same girls I talked to during Round 2 and the conversation was not much better. I liked the house enough as it was recently renovated, but overall San Juan was definitely my least favorite house of the day.

Punta Cana- I was very excited to come back to Punta Cana, and I had a great time during Round 3. The house was surprisingly bigger than I thought it would be and all of the rooms were decorated so cute. I talked to four more girls I had never spoken to before, and one of them and I discovered that we are literally the same person and I was really sad when she got rotated out and I had to talk to someone else.

Las Vegas- By this point, it was dark out and everyone was dragging. I was so excited to come back to Las Vegas again though, and again, I had a great time. The house was probably the smallest out of all the ones I had visited, but I still liked how the rooms were decorated and I loved the sisters I spoke with.

The day was finally finished, and it was time to pick the 3 houses we would want to go back for pref. However, I was so conflicted and had no idea what to do because I knew I definitely wanted to cut Cabo and San Juan, but I LOVED Nassau, Cancun, Punta Cana, and Las Vegas. No matter what I did, I would be choosing to cut a house that I really enjoyed and could want to be apart of. Because I was so confused, I turned to my Rho Gamma Morgan (she was the one I became the closest with throughout the week) for advice and she helped talk me through my day and everything that was going on in my head. She asked me to describe the feelings I got at each house, and we finally concluded that I felt more comfortable and at home with 3 of the houses and that in those 3 houses, I could truly see myself becoming good friends with the sisters I had met. I will still nervous, but I ended up ranking:
1. Cancun
1. Punta Cana
1. Las Vegas
2. Nassau
3. Cabo
4. San Juan

At this point, my friends and I all decided that we were not going to discuss what we liked and how we ranked our houses, especially because we had very similar houses left, and we would just surprise each other on bid day with where we ended up. I kind of liked this, because this way none of us would convince each other to put down one house or another just for the sake of it, we would all be ranking what we truly wanted.

Stay tuned for Round 4!