View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Ah, yes, the late spring drama/ugliness surfaces like clockwork. I say this as a long-standing advisor. First time I witnessed it was way back in college. By this point in the academic year, everyone is sick and tired of each other. I’m serious. Tempers are short and fuses even shorter. Takes nothing for sisters to get ugly.

Offering this as another perspective on the situation that you have in front of you. Agree with Titchou’s advice. I would encourage the member to step back from the drama, and not make any decisions until things have cooled. If this is a campus with fall recruitment, that may change this member’s feelings a lot. The activities surrounding recruitment bring members closer. So does living together in the facility (don’t know the specifics of your campus and don’t need to know).

Yes, of course there are other group dynamics that may be at play here. Sometimes there is one member who does draw the ire of the group. This isn’t exclusive to NPC sororities. I’m just saying that late Spring is when everyone is just burned out with school, and each other. I kind of still get that way myself. Time for a vacation!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity