Old 08-10-2010, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
APOLOGIES!
It's "I Can't Wait to Join a Sorority."
http://www.facebook.com/ICantWaitToJoinASorority
They offer a free booklet, and a book that's a "$49+ value for just $19."
So many of their "Secrets" are A. Common sense (ask open-ended questions, don't share very personal information) or B. information found here or even on Goggle (difference between Formal, Informal, COB).

I'll spend some time on this site as I wait for the bug guy.

ETA: I downloaded their free booklet on the 10 reasons to join a sorority. Some gems: it will look good on your resume, it increases the chances of meeting hot fraternity men, and Greek life is something that you "CANNOT miss out on!"

Also on their FB page: "Joining a sorority can be a life-changing experience. Learn more about recruitment & greek life here & tell the sorority women at your school that you too can't wait to join!" Yes, because going through recruitment and participating in conversations isn't enough to show that you're interested. Instead, enthusiastically announce it at every recruitment party.

Lastly, I found (in a 3-second search) the actual download page for the e-book. Major pet peeve: A lot of spelling words with their Greek-letter counterparts.

Some of the tips or "secrets" that made me go :0
:

- being in a sorority "likely" make your professional career better.
- "Rush is like dating" (they use the word Rush a million times, versus recruitment, despite the fact that people pointed it out on their FB page).
- some sororities have "summer parties" that "aren't advertised", and suggest PNMs to ask around to get put on the invitation list.
- do your homework to find out who the "movers and shakers" in each sorority are.
- having a rec will likely get you invited to round two.
- you should whiten your teeth with www.----.com
- if you have lumps and bumps, buy shapewear from www.---.com (the site is repeated a few times; I''d bet that they are owned by one of the people who created the site)

Last edited by ree-Xi; 08-10-2010 at 04:35 PM.