View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusik View Post
I recently got initiated two weeks ago and realized that I don’t fit in with the brothers or enjoy their company. Is there anyway I could re rush next quarter to an NIC frat since mine is not?
After you are initiated, there is really no practical way to resign your membership gracefully and join another social fraternity.

The comment about knowing the ritual and fraternity secrets is on point. In life, some decisions are irrevocable - this was one of them. Realistically, your options are 1) resign your membership, 2) if allowed, go inactive, or 3) figure out why you feel this way and make the best of your situation.

Keep in mind that each year active membership changes - people graduate, transfer, etc. So there will be new people each year joining. We have no way of knowing the reasons you feel you "don't fit in * * * or enjoy their company." Try to make friends with at least one other member. Maybe find one to be a roommate or, possibly, go to summer school and live in the fraternity house.

Last edited by PhilTau; 06-11-2019 at 11:52 AM.