View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctarz View Post
As of right now, I am open to many different organizations (as I am not closing the doors on any opportunity that fits me and the organization best).

I'm still very new to this process so I apologize if I confused anyone! Basically because I am from the surrounding areas of Toronto, there are only a few sororities located at the University of Toronto (however I am not limiting myself just to their options). The Toronto Alumnae Association of one sorority who I reached out to, stated they could be my sponsor (but because they are an association, not an alumnae chapter, I believe I need a collegiate sponsor as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm willing to travel to have a personal sponsor/big if that is required of me (because not all chapters are located in Toronto), however, I think I am catching on now that it is different within each sorority. My question was just wondering if personal sponsors/bigs could still be in the collegiate level, but be located somewhere else!
Okay, U of T is a strong community! It all depends on the organisation. I can speak to Alpha Gamma Delta's policies/direct you to the right person, but not for another org.