View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Many girls feel that they don't fit in. It does take time. I didn't feel like I fit in with my pledge class in many ways. It took me the better part of a year to really feel like I was a part of my chapter. It took time, hanging out at the house, getting involved, using my gifts to help the chapter, etc. It came in stages, a little at a time, until I knew I was an integral and important part of my chapter.

While you might really wish to be in one of the groups that you loved, they didn't invite you back and/or extend a bid to you. You have to really think through what will be different next fall to make them WANT you. They will remember you. What is going to change about you in the next year that they will change their mind? And something has to change because they felt that you wouldn't fit into their chapter.

If you truly are unhappy then you should resign. But really make sure that no sorority membership FOR LIFE is better than making the most of what you have. Because you may end up with nothing in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz2152 View Post
In september I accepted a bid from one particular sorority. After spending a couple of weeks with the girls however, I feel I don't really fit in with my pledge class. Also when I was going through recruitment, there was one or two other sororities that I loved and felt I clicked with better.

My question is about the whole rule of the calendar year. I have not become initiated yet, so if I drop out now, will I be able to go through recruitment next fall? Or is it one calendar year from the day you dropped out of the sorority? I'm a little confused on the rule and I want to make sure I can recruit next fall.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.